Security Control / Information Security
Information Security Policy
We regard all of our own information assets as one of our management resources. Through the proper protection and effective use of our information assets, we pursue healthy maintenance and development of our business.
- We establish rules that clearly define the system and responsibilities for the protection and management of all the information assets including the information we keep for our customers, the know-how and intellectual properties owned by our Group, and personal information.
- We comply with laws, ordinances, and regulations regarding information security.
- We educate all executives and employees who handle information assets about the importance of information security, and about specific items to be observed.
- We continuously update the information infrastructure for the maintenance and improvement of the confidentiality and stability of all the information assets.
- We promote measures to prevent accidents in order to address the risks of information leakage associated with the continuous advancement and sophistication of information technology. Should an accident occur, we will strive to minimize the damage and take preventive measures against recurrence.
We have established the Group Information Security Regulations and Confidentiality Management Regulations, striving for appropriate management of confidential information, including the electronic information of the NGK SPARK PLUG Group, customers and suppliers. Even in the use of electronic information equipment such as wireless LAN and mobile terminals, we will conduct information security management with due consideration in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
Relocating Internet Systems to a Disaster-resistant Data Center
In preparation for the eventuality of a disaster, we are gradually relocating the Internet systems used for exchanging data with suppliers and group companies, and for internal and external communication with tools, and the mechanism for exchanging data with the suppliers to an external data center which have outstanding resistance to earthquakes, liquefaction, flooding, and fire as well as guaranteed power sources. In conjunction with this, we have enhanced business continuity by duplicating communications with the data center.
Carrying Out Periodic Inspections Related to Confidentiality Management
To ensure that the confidentiality management rules we established do not become rules in name only, the Confidentiality Management Committee performs periodic company-wide inspections of the status of confidentiality management. We have adopted a method of carrying out mutual interdivisional inspections in addition to the self-checks carried out in the past to strengthen the checking function.
Furthermore, we have not only established rules for confidential information handled in-house, but also rules to prevent leaks of confidential information taken outside the company, including procedures for the use of mobile PCs and cloud service, and we carry out checks on the operational status of these rules.
Voice of Our Confidentiality Management Manager
To be thorough in confidentiality management and avoid corporate risk
As a member of the Confidentiality Management Committee secretariat, I am in charge of promoting confidentiality management throughout the company. When confidential matters are leaked, there is not only a degradation of competitiveness in the market and actual damages due to demands for compensation of damages from business partners, but there are the incalculable effects of a damaged image due to a loss of public faith in the company. To prevent these effects, we will optimize the company-wide standard confidentiality management rules more suitable as well as expand them to group companies.