IC Package's Roles
What are the IC Package's Roles?
Semiconductor package acts various roles to protect the IC chip and transmit an electrical signal and so on.
How Ceramic IC Packages Are Used
IC Chip packaging methods includes the following methods.
- Wire-bond method: Mount the IC chip to the IC package, using gold-based or resin materials
- Flip-chip technique: Mount the IC chip directly to the IC package.
After the IC chip is mounted, it is sealed airtight with a metal or ceramic lid.
Packages come in many forms, including DIP (Dual Inline), SIP (Single Inline), and PGA (Pin Grid Array) pin insertion types and surface-mount types including J-lead, Flat-lead (gull-wing), leadless, BGA (Ball Grid Array), LGA (Land Grid Array), CSP (Chip Size Package), and other types.
Please select the type suitable for your use.
Fields Utilizing Ceramic IC Packages
We've been contributing to society for nearly half a century with our IC packages, products that are used in an ever-expanding range of fields.
Communications (Computers, Tablets, Smartphones)
LTCC Substrates and Others
- IC Package's Roles
- High Temperature Co-Fired Ceramic (HTCC) Packages and Substrates
- Surface Mounted Packages for Electronic Devices
- Packages for Image Sensor
- Ceramic Packages for Automotive Applications
- Packages for High-Frequency Devices and Opto-Devices
- LED Packages
- Large-Scale Substrates for Wafer Testers
- Low Temperature Co-Fired Ceramic (LTCC) Substrates