Corporate Code of Conduct
At NGK SPARK PLUG CO., LTD., in order to make the corporate philosophy expressed in our slogan, “With established trust and confidence inside and outside the company, we aim to contribute to the peoples of the world by creating and putting at their disposal new values for the future” an everyday reality, we undertake to conduct ourselves in a socially responsible manner in accordance with the following 10 principles.
- We shall respect human rights and observe both the spirit as well as the letter of all laws and regulations applicable to our activities throughout the world.
- We shall develop and provide socially beneficial and safe goods and services by making full use of the most suitable technologies and our accumulated experience and shall strive to earn the confidence of our consumers and customers, while taking necessary measures to protect personal data and customer-related information.
- We shall promote fair, transparent, free competition and sound trade. We shall also ensure that our relationships and contacts with government agencies and political bodies are of a sound and proper nature.
- Emphasizing communication not only with our shareholders but also with members of society at large, we shall engage in active and fair disclosure of corporate information through ongoing corporate communications.
- Recognizing that a positive involvement in environmental issues is a priority for all humanity and an essential aspect of our activities and a prerequisite for our very existence as a company, we shall approach these issues voluntarily, proactively, and speedily.
- As a good corporate citizen, we shall actively engage in philanthropic activities and other activities of benefit to society.
- We shall strive to respect the diversity and individuality of our employees and foster a safe and excellent working environment where they can realize their full potential.
- We shall reject all contacts with organizations involved in activities in violation of the law or accepted standards of responsible social behavior.
- We shall respect the cultures and the customs of local communities where we do business and strive to manage our activities throughout the world in such a way as to promote and contribute to the development of local communities.
- Management shall exercise leadership in making the letter and spirit of the Code of Conduct integral to everyday business practice, thoroughly implementing the Code of Conduct throughout the Company and inculcating it throughout the Group and its supply chain. To this end, management shall continually improve internal systems while striving to cultivate ethics.