Eco Vision 2020
As a globally developing core manufacturing corporation, we are aiming to simultaneously realize environmental preservation and corporate growth, based on the participation of all our employees, in order to contribute to the construction of a sustainable society.
- We strive to utilize our unique technology to develop and offer environmentally-friendly products.
- Through all of our business activities, we make particular efforts to prevent global warming, make efficient use of resources, and control chemical substances, in order to conserve the environment.
- We strive to raise the awareness of the environment among our employees to ensure that they all make positive efforts to conserve the environment.
- We observe the laws, ordinances, and agreements concerning environmental conservation.
- We aim to substantiate our information disclosure and communication activities, and also carry out environmental contribution activities aimed at coexistence with the regional community.
- In order to achieve these targets, we will strive to make ongoing improvements to our environmental management system.
Environmental issues are a common challenge for all mankind. Every member of the NGK SPARK PLUG's GROUP will work towards reducing environmental burdens from our business activities as much as possible and developing and providing products and technologies that contribute to improving the environment. We will also endeavor to communicate in greater depth with our stakeholders including our local communities so that we may all work together to contribute to creating a sustainable society.
Global Eco Vision 2020
In our activities for environmental conservation, we set medium-term environmental targets. From fiscal 2016, we have drawn up a vision for our company and have been working under “Global Eco Vision 2020”.
We set four important environmental tasks, "Natural resources", "Global warming", "Toxic, hazardous chemicals" and "Key quality (Environmentally-Friendly products)", under Global Eco Vision 2020. By tackling these tasks through our business activities while defining “Education”, “Compliance”, “Open communication” as foundation, we will work to enhance our manufacturing power, increase our brand value, and contribute to sustainable development of society.
Global Eco Vision 2020 Environmental Action Plan and Results
|Major items||Minor items||Targets for fiscal 2020||Results for fiscal 2018|
CO2 Basic unit 15% reduction compared to fiscal 2015
*As of April 2018, Upward adjustments to the targets
|[Target] CO2 basic unit: 11.0% decrease from fiscal 2015
[Result] CO2 basic unit: 10.8% decrease from fiscal 2015
Continued to conduct activities across the department by energy saving promotion sub-committee.
|Logistics||Promotion of efficient logistics||Optimized product transportation between plants.|
|Depletion of resource||Waste||Promotion of reduction of waste material by reducing defective products||Reduced waste by lessening the number of defective products generated during production.
Provided design support using simulation and evaluation technology.
|Promotion of product design which takes into consideration minimization of waste|
|Water||Promotion of efficient water utilization||Reduced water usage amount by modifying product type.|
|Resources||Promotion of manufacturing while taking resource usage into consideration||Promoted resource conservation by improving production methods.
Developed techniques that reduce environmental impact.
|Eco-friendly Products||―||Create a certification system for eco-friendly products and expand eco-friendly products||Began plans for eco-friendly products.|
|Hazardous Substances||―||Compliance with rules regarding ELV・RoHS・REACH||Implemented sharing and handling of cross-department regulations drafted by the Chemical Management Committee.|
|―||Promotion of alternatives to environmentally hazardous substances||Implemented an alternative to Phthalic acid which will become restricted under RoHS in 2019.|
|―||Elimination of HCFCs||Implemented continuous replacement of HCFCs with R-22 refrigerant.|