Handling of Personal Information
Policies to Protect Personal Information
2.Appropriate Acquisition of Personal Information
Our Group acquires personal information of the party concerned by appropriate and fair means to the extent necessary for the business implementation of our Group.
3.Purpose of Use of Personal Information
Our Group uses Personal Information of the party concerned only for the purposes notified to the party concerned at the time of acquisition or the following purposes of use:
(1) Provision and maintenance of products and services that our Group deals in (hereinafter the “Products, etc.”);
(2) Planning, development, manufacturing, sales, and installation of the Products, etc.;
(3) Provision of product information, material, sample concerning the Products, etc., and provision/guidance of campaigns and various events;
(4) Research and analysis of surveys, etc. concerning the Products, etc.;
(5) To respond to inquiries, feedback, and requests from customers;
(6) Business contacts with business partners, and maintenance and establishment of business relations;
(7) Sending notices of calling of the shareholders meetings, etc., services for paying dividends, exercise of the shareholder’s rights in accordance with the laws and regulations, and performance of obligations to the shareholders by NGK SPARK PLUG;
(8) Employment of employees and management of personnel; and
(9) Welfare benefits for employees, etc.
4.Joint Use of Personal Information
NGK SPARK PLUG may, within the extent of the purpose of use stipulated in 3., use jointly with our Group companies any information concerning name, address, place of work, job title, purchase history and tendency (however, Personal Information of shareholders shall be excluded); with respect to NGK SPARK PLUG’s employees, NGK SPARK PLUG may jointly use information concerning personal history, family structure, and face photos in addition to the above-mentioned information.
(1) Scope of Parties of Joint Use
Our Group companies (please refer to this page for more details)
(2) Party responsible for management of the Personal Information
NGK SPARK PLUG CO., LTD. Risk Management Department (refer to the following)
5.Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party
Our Group does not provide or disclose any Personal Information of the party concerned except when:
(1) consent of the party concerned to provide or disclose Personal Information is obtained;
(2) required by laws and regulations;
(3) entrusting handling of Personal Information of the party concerned within the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use;
(4) using jointly; and
(5) Personal Information is provided as a result of the succession of business in a merger or otherwise
6.Entrustment of Personal Information
Our Group may entrust the handling of Personal Information of the party concerned to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use; in this case, our Group shall appropriately appoint and supervise a trustee to ensure the safe management of Personal Information.
7.Management of Personal Information
In order to protect Personal Information held by our Group, our Group shall review the management system to prevent any leaks, falsification, loss, damage, and unauthorized access, and shall continue to make efforts to improve this system.
8.Disclosure, Correction, Deletion, or Exercise of other Rights concerning Personal Information
Please use the following contact information for any inquiries regarding requests for disclosure, correction, deletion, and any other exercise of rights concerning Personal Information of the party concerned himself/herself held by our Group.
Business management Dept.
14-18, Takatsuji-cho, Mizuho-ku, Nagoya 467-8525, Japan
TEL: +81-52-872-6248, FAX: +81-52-872-5999
Personal Information of Party Concerned Under 16 Years of Age
Personal Information of party concerned who is under 16 years of age must be provided with the consent of a parent or custodian.